- How do I get employees to perform better? Tell them what they are doing well.
- How do I give negative feedback? By being curious.
- How do I decide what to delegate? Delegate the work you want to do.
- How should I prioritize? Fix problems. Then prevent problems.
- How should I grade employees? Don’t. Teach them to self-evaluate.
- When do I fire somebody? When you know they can’t succeed.
- How do I fire somebody? By apologizing for our failures.
- Why can’t I just tell people what to do? Because the more responsibility you have, the less authority you have.
- How do I know if I am a good manager? Employees ask you for advice.
- How do I know if I have good management team? Shit rolls uphill.
A Manager's FAQ
3 July 2016